
I've been going to school off and on for a few years now. I've never really had a good idea of a major. I did for awhile but with not knowing when I will ever be able to attend classes to actually finish it has made me lose any interest I had left, and I didn't have a ton to begin with. I've never been a big fan of school and the only classes I really excelled in were art classes and psych classes. I stopped working in October, which was not a good thing but I just couldn't get myself to go anymore. I stopped working but my bills are still coming. Plus, now that I am looking at not having health insurance (sigh) I need to figure out something.
Which got me to wondering, what does someone dealing with agoraphobia do for work? I know some are able to make it to a job after awhile but what about in the meantime? Or for those who can't at all? I want to start thinking about my future and saving money but where do I start when I am not sure when I'll be able to go back to work? I remember it was only about a year and a half ago when I was working as a bartender! Now, I don't even feel comfortable going to bars.
On a totally different subject, I started a little project today. I planted some seeds in yogurt containers. I got the idea from the eco-etsy blog, which is on my list of blogs I follow. I am all about going green and this blog has some really cool tips and ideas. I've always wanted a garden. :)
Anyway, to end this blog, I found a nice Winnie the Pooh quote while I was looking for a picture. Maybe I will try to remember this since all of this school/work stuff has got me down lately.
“Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.”

2 comments:
Interesting post Kaci.
One thing I'm confused about ... when you say 'school' do you mean 'University' or 'Trade/Technical College' or 'High School' or what? In Australia the term 'school' just means junior and senior high up to about age 17, and is something one can't go back to in their 20's.
My answer to the 'work' question was to adjust to the agoraphobia by working from home and substituting the 'virtual agora' (i.e internet) for the real one.
I mean college. I don't go to a university but a community college. I was going to transfer to a university but now I am not sure.
I've been trying to find a good work at home job but no luck so far!
Post a Comment