Sunday, March 22, 2009

As ready as I can be!

So my last blog was very...emotionally driven. I am a little more calm as I have been able to talk to my therapist and a couple of friends. It's about 10pm. I am still a little worried about tonight but I feel a bit better because I'm a bit more prepared. I have a few things that I can do to keep my mind busy, like paint or play a game. Tetris is good at distracting me! I've got a couple of movies to watch. Twilight just came out and I absolutely love Edward! My friend told me to check out a website called smartrecovery.org and suggested I try finding a good chat room if I get nervous to find someone to talk to. Also, if it comes down to it, I have written down the number to a crisis hotline that is available 24 hours a day. So, I am feeling a bit better now knowing that if need be, I can find someone to talk with late at night even if it is just through a chat room. So hopefully this helps. One day at a time, right? Or night in this case.

2 comments:

diver said...

Ouch, you fell in a pit!

Games are good for distraction when these moods strike, I agree. I wonder whether some of those fantasy roleplaying games out there might be positively therapeutic ... in non-obsessive doses they may offer us a really good 'holiday away from ourselves'.

In any case I hope this slump passes quickly Kaci :)

Kaci said...

Thanks :) I got through last night okay so hopefully tonight will be okay too and I should mellow out again.

Maybe I oughta check out one of those games although I've never been too good at them.