
Ok, it's about time for a bit more of a positive blog. The past couple of days have been really nice out. In the 70's! It was so much easier for me to just get out and run around for awhile. On Monday, I managed to do my daily drive and then run some errands I've been meaning to get around to doing. Went to a few stores around my house and stopped by my neighbors shop. She wants me to paint dice on canvas for a game room she is doing in her Street of Dreams house. I even managed to go over to the gym for about an hour and worked on some homework in the snack bar area. I've been taking my homework over there to do to just work on getting out of my house.
Today I got my drive done and did some exercising. I haven't really gotten into doing much cardio. It makes my heart beat so hard that sometimes it makes me uncomfortable and a little anxious. So I've just been doing some of the exercises I get out of my Women's Health mag. I figured (hopefully) I will be spending time at the pool this summer so might as well work on getting in shape! I also managed to finally make it back over to the temple. The spiritual teacher I've mentioned before has been giving Hinduism classes on Tuesday nights. I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to make it but I did end up being able to sit through the last half hour of the class which was on yoga. I caught the ending about the ten codes of Dharma. He also gave me a new mantra to use during meditation. Om Namo Narayanaya.
It was a little difficult for me to get to the temple. I drove past it about twice before I actually decided to park. I told myself I would just walk in and then I could leave if I needed to. I think I probably mellowed out after about 10 minutes. After class, I had some sort of renewed energy and decided to go to the grocery store! After sitting in the class, it wasn't too difficult for me to get through the store. I was talking to a friend of mine and he invited me to his brothers automotive shop. It's probably less than ten minutes from my house but out of my comfort zone. Maybe it was getting through the class succesfully or the fact that I have been really lonely lately and in need of some socializing but I decided to at least try. Well, on the second attempt I made it! I was so happy. I only stayed for about 5 minutes but it was good to get out of my comfort zone and see people I haven't seen for a long time.
I am not sure if the weather has made it easier on me lately or what but I am very happy about getting out a little more. I continue to meditate, listen to my hypnotherapy CD and do positive affirmations every day. I hope that everyone is doing well!

4 comments:
Wow Kaci, what a difference a month and a dozen degrees of warm air seems to have made for you. That list of yours is impressive I think, really impressive. Especially the part about 'driving around twice', procrastinating, before talking yourself into (rather than out of) it.
You may be right about the weather. I mean, you might be super sensitive to it. Have you ever read about S.A.D ('Seasonal Affective Disorder')? ... I mention it because the change in the tone of your blog from a month ago to now seems to this reader, quite remarkable!
Thanks :) I was pretty happy with all of the stuff I've done this week. It kinda boosted my hope a little.
I do get S.A.D during the colder months. I hate the cold and the dark so I think the weather does help along with some of the positive things I've been doing every day.
I love the picture you posted at the top (Its beautiful) and I loved reading this entry. I think Spring does help everyone to different degrees. There is something about the warmer weather, longer time with sunlight, and the sense of change in the air. It does lift you up. You know reading your blog today reminded me of how hard it use to be going to new places. I would drive to places and drive around them instead! For me it was shyness and social anxiety. I would join a gym and would take me forever to get inside it. I still have degrees of this but it has gotten so much better. Glad you are feeling so positive and doing such a great job with being courageous.
It's from a season set of pictures, I really like them, I should post the others too.
Thanks, half the time I don't feel very courageous!
Post a Comment