So I'm pretty sure things with my super delicious friend have fallen apart. He's kind of just...disappeared. I haven't seen him for awhile now and it just seems like lately he hasn't really wanted to make the effort to hang out along with some other little things I've picked up on. I actually called him on Monday to talk about things with him and maybe suggest we go back to being friends but I never heard back from him. He hasn't responded to any of my texts either. Okay, so I can take a hint. I'm pretty bummed out about it all. I wasn't expecting him to want to be in a relationship with me but I hoped he at least liked me. Last I checked, guys who like girls...want to see them and don't ignore them. I realize that it takes a lot more compromise on his part since I still have limits but when a guy has liked me in the past, it's never been a huge issue. I think what bums me out the most is that we were friends before all of this. Not close friends but I had hoped when things didn't work out, there would be some sort of communication about that and we could go back to being friends. I was excited because I thought I had found someone to have fun with this summer and spend time with. I feel like I was left in limbo a little bit. I have no idea if I did something to upset him, if I said something, if he just decided he didn't want to continue things or if he has something going on with himself. I have no idea. It's when stuff like this happens, I often wonder if I didn't have the agoraphobia to deal with, if things like this would still happen. *sigh*
Regardless of the details, of what could have been, of what I could have done differently...I don't regret the situation at all. I had a lot of fun with him and I liked him. He helped make me feel attractive again and really he helped me start to get out more. I believe that God puts people in your life that you need at the time. So maybe he was sort of like a catalyst to get me out and give me some confidence. I hope that maybe I'd was able to provide him with something as well although I am not sure what that would be. One door closes, another one opens. I guess it's time to walk through the open door? As Greg (One of the authors from He's Just Not that into You) would say, "don't waste the pretty!"

By kkaci at 2009-06-05

2 comments:
'Last I checked, guys who like girls...want to see them and don't ignore them.'
There's lots of reasons why they ignore them. Sometimes it's a test to see if the gal is attached enough to demonstrate it emotionally to him; sometimes it's a more devious form of emotional manipulation; sometimes they do it to create 'distance' because they're afraid of the increasing attachment, and/or pending commitment issues; and sometimes they're just suddenly afraid of the gal, i.e freaking out to themselves over dopey young man male ego stuff to do with competitiveness, sexual performance, heavens-knows-what.
What I'm trying to say is that it may not be 'you' and the agoraphobia at all. Perhaps it's just him and his insecurities?
Thanks for the different perspective Diver :) There was a fleeting though that crossed my mind that he may just have things going on with himself but I think it's a knee-jerk reaction for me to blame myself. But I'm trying not to let it bother me and just keep moving along! I did like him quite a bit...maybe ultimately that is what scared him off.
Post a Comment