Sunday, June 7, 2009

Fireflies

For whatever reason, the day that summer officially begins for me, is the day that the fireflies or lightning bugs appear in the evening. Well, on my drive home today, I saw a few lightning bugs. :) So hello summer, I am certainly glad you are finally here! Summer, as I am certain I've mentioned before, is my favorite season. And it's been a good start to summer too. I have hopes that I will be able to get some bigger things accomplished this summer.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By kkaci at 2009-06-07

This weekend was a good one. Friday, I hung out with a friend for a bit. His place is a little out of my comfort zone. He also lives on the third floor of his apartment. It sounds silly but sometimes stuff like that can affect me. I like to park close to where ever I am going and I don't have to like to walk to far from my car. I know with time, these things won't bug me but for now they still do. I managed to hang out for a bit though and then headed over to Lit afterward. I didn't stay for long since it was fairly busy but it was good to get out. Saturday, I stopped up at Varsity and had some pizza with a few friends. I think I was out for a little over a half hour there. It wasn't too busy and it was definitely good to get out again. Afterward, I went home and painted. I don't want to overdo things and push myself too hard. I think this is the first weekend in a long time where I went out both Friday and Saturday. I was quite happy with how things went and it definitely gives me more hope for the future. I was also able to get in a good workout today, which is something that tends to be kind of hit or miss with me lately. I wasn't able to get to the temple at all this past week so I hope that I can get there Tuesday for the class.

Lately, I have not been sleeping well. I just can't seem to fall asleep and when I finally do, I tend to wake up about 3 hours later and it takes a couple of hours to fall back asleep. I am not sure what the cause is for sure but I have had a lot on my mind recently. Sometimes I wonder if I had someone to curl up next to it might help...hopefully in the future? :)

Some of the things that have been helping me get out a little is trying to stay rational about things. I always keep in mind that I am going out with my friends and they will understand if I have to leave or don't make it. Also, I figure that if anything, the least I can do is to try and see how far I get. This has surprised me a lot because sometimes I end up being able to go further than I thought I would. And when it doesn't work out, I can always say that at least I tried and that there will be other opportunities to go out again in the future so I don't get too bummed out. I think that the biggest thing that has helped me lately is positive thinking and also support from my friends. Every time I go out to visit with one of my friends, whenever I get nervous, he will try to talk to me to distract me or just hug me until I relax a little. I'm not entirely sure why this works but it does seem to help. I remember when I went to Elite to see my super delicious friend DJ when I got a bit nervous, holding his hand or hugging him did help me relax. But then again, for some reason, I got quite comfortable with him faster than I usually do with people (And I am still a bit bummed things didn't work out). Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well. :)

1 comment:

Robert said...

Yea, it's a pity that things didn't work out with Mr SuperD, but it's good that you're still going out. It's improtant that you keep doing that, to keep your anxiety from growing.