Sunday, May 10, 2009

Reached my goal!

I am very happy to say that I was able to make it out on Friday! The day started out fine, I didn't really get nervous about it until about 6ish. I had been talking to one of my girl friends during the day. She and her husband and some other friends of mine were heading out to a bar nearby my house. I haven't seen them in about a year so I thought I might try to say hi to them too since they were so close.

Now, it's been since last July since I really went out with friends so I decided to do a little shopping. I bought a cute black dress to wear to out to see my super delicious friend. After all, I decided I wanted to make an impression on him! I headed out about 8:30 to see my friends at the first bar. I was totally nervous by then. I didn't even get out of my neighborhood, I was shaking so much. So I drove back home and called a friend. Chatted for a bit and went out to try again. I stopped at Walgreens first to just see how I did going there and then I headed out to see my friends. I was still pretty nervous but I made it out there. Unfortunately, the place was packed and they were all the way at the back of the sports bar. I walked in, hugged all my friends, and walked right back out! I was still kind of shaking and my friends all knew what was up so they were cool with it. Let me pause for a moment and just say that I really appreciate my friends being so understanding. I was totally grateful for it. :) By then, I was a little doubtful I'd be able to make it to Elite. But I headed that way anyway, I have been looking forward to going all week and I'd made up my mind I would try all night if I had to! I made it on the first try and it wasn't really busy which I think helped me a lot.

I ended up staying till close, which was about 3 hours. That was much more than I expected from myself but for some reason I found myself pretty comfortable after awhile. I think it was that I was moving around a lot and some distractions came up that got my mind off of the anxiety. Plus, I find myself feeling very comfortable around my super delicious friend. It was very comforting to have someone there I could just walk over to and hug or hold hands if I got a little anxious. Plus, I must say, it was rather distracting to watch him DJ since I find him utterly irresistable. And it was kind of cool to be up there watching him do whatever...since I had no idea what everything was for. Maybe next time. :) I forgot how much I missed dancing and being out so I was so happy that it worked out.

The rest of the weekend went pretty well. Saturday, I made it to the gym to actually work out and today I made it to the temple and then baked some brownies since my super delicious friend has a birthday tomorrow. :)

2 comments:

Robert said...

Congratulations on achieving your goal! You're doing pretty well, don't you think? And Mr Super Delicious and you seem to be doing ok too!

I'm really pleased for you and I'm looking forward to the next installment!

Kaci said...

Thanks! I feel more hopeful about the future than I have in a long while. I am glad that more things are opening up to me lately, it seems!

Yes, things are good. I am glad that we understand where we are with each other and are able to communicate pretty well (at least in my opinion, I can't speak for how he feels) It is comforting to know that the anxiety doesn't weird him out and I think that has helped me get out more with him!