Sunday, May 24, 2009

Furthest point yet!

Back when I used to get out more, one of my spots to go to during the summer was a car show. If you couldn't already tell, I am kinda sorta into cars maybe just a little. :) When the weather starts getting nice, one of the bars in town hosts a car show every Wed night till the weather gets colder again. It usually goes on from May-ish till Sept-ish. I used to go pretty much every Wed. I've got a lot of friends who are into cars, that's how I met a lot of them. It was something I could go to by myself and I'd usually find someone there I knew to hang out with. Well, last year I didn't go at all. And previously, I had gone for about 3 or 4 summers straight. I was rather disappointed that I wasn't up to going last year. Now that the weather is nice, it has officially started up again. One of my goals for this summer was to attend at least once. I've tried a couple of times these past few weeks with no luck....until last Wed! This was really quite a nice surpise for me because I didn't think I'd have it in me to get there till later in the summer. It's about ten minutes away from my house but it seems very far to me. This is a huge accomplishment for me because it is probably the furthest I've been in the past...several months at least.

It did take me two tries and I only stayed for ten minutes but I was super happy with myself that I made it there. I just kept trying to reassure myself that I wasn't that far from my house and that I could leave when I wanted and call someone if I needed help calming down. This gives me more hope just because I didn't think that I'd make it there till later this summer so if I am able to do this now...who knows where I will be at later in the summer. Of course just because I made it there once doesn't mean I'll be able to make it there again all the time but it certainly makes it a bit easier for the next time I try. I am totally excited to see what this summer has in store for me. Summer is my favorite season and I am ready to fall in love with it again...bugs and all! Last summer, because things weren't doing so well, I didn't have a good summer. Last summer was really when I started to get really depressed and in a bad place. But I am optimistic about this summer.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By kkaci at 2008-03-24

My goal for this week is pretty much to be able to make it to my friends poker/bike run tomorrow. Every year for his birthday he does this huge bike/poker run at some of the bars and restaurants in town. It ends at a restaurant down the street from my house so I decided I would try to go. I know it will be very busy but I have not seen him in a year and a half almost. Hopefully I'll be able to stay awhile and catch up, he always has such interesting things going on in his life and I'd like to catch up with him but crowds are still rough for me. But no matter, I am at least going to try!

No comments: