Thursday, May 6, 2010

Dreams

So I've read that sometimes if you pay attention to your dreams they will have answers for you in your waking life. I've always been interested in dreams and I look up mine online when I can remember them. I don't always remember the whole thing unless it's a nightmare but the parts I do remember tend to be interesting.

I had the oddest dream last night apart from some of the nightmares I've had lately. In my dream, I was standing outside...but it wasn't really outdoors, but I do remember there being a tree with no leaves. I'm standing next to a pond and I see this painted white bird fly over to the tree. It wasn't even a certain type of bird, it was just a white bird with lots of different colors down it's back. I run over to the tree and it jumps from a branch to my finger and I ask it what to do and it look's at me and says "Let go." and flies away.

The significance of this dream is that my birth name, which was the only thing found with me when I was taken to the adoption agency, the meaning translates to "painted bird." I can't remember any other parts to that dream, but even in my dream I recall realizing the significance of the bird. Weird. But amazing. I've been asking myself over and over what to do in so many aspects of my life, I guess maybe my subconscious..or maybe my soul is telling me to just let go and let things fall into place. I don't know...

No comments: