Saturday, December 13, 2008

Still going.

"I am only one, but I am still one; I cannot do everything; but I can still do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do" Edward Everett Hale

Lately, I have been feeling very frustrated. It was only a couple of weeks ago when I was getting out everyday, even if it was just around my block and beginning to feel like things were going in a good direction. But then I had a bad week and it has made me feel like all my progress is gone and I have to start over again. This has happened a few times. Two steps back for every one step forward is what I feel like I am doing. I get so frustrated in my set backs that I don't immediately pick myself up and keep going. I think my perception of things is where I am running into problems. Of course with any progress there will be set backs. I just let it bother me more than I should. It is hard to catch myself though and realize what that is what I am doing. I also realize that I am focused too much on how I want things to be. I look so much at the big goals I want that I don't pay attention to the smaller goals that I have succeeded in. Rather than congratulating myself for getting out, I think about that I am not getting out far enough. Even though I feel like my choices have been quite limited I do still have choices I can make. So, I am still hopeful and I will still try. Hopefully, the frustration will pass and I will be able to remember to be a bit nicer to myself in the process.

3 comments:

Rachael said...

I too find it really hard to get back on my feet when i have a set back. I find it really hard to deal with failure so i get really down and think there no hope, it will always be this way etc. It does get so frustrating.

Sarah♥ said...

I'm a suffer of panic and agoraphobia for 10 years. I look forward to reading more.

Sarah

Kaci said...

It's definitely nice to be able to get feedback from people who have been there. I have understanding people in my life but not in the same way as someone who has experienced it also.