Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I like Snoopy

My vision is not exactly the greatest and I have been wearing contacts since high school. Well, they recently changed the laws stating that in order to get contacts, you have to have a yearly eye exam. Well, I just so happen to be on my last set of contacts. And I just lost one last week. So I have one contact. Luckily, I have glasses but I absolutely hate to wear them, they are too loose on my face and constantly fall off. You know in the movies how the nerds are always pushing up their glasses? Well, that's me right now. Plus, on the days that I do try to get out, it's difficult to drive with glasses that slip down. Which brings me to the point of the story. These are the days where I get really frustrated with agoraphobia. I don't even feel that I am able to go in and make an appointment to get an eye exam. But until I do that, they refuse to even give me one contact to get by with. And Pearle Vision is only about 5 minutes from my house. But the thought of having to sit through an exam.....*shudders* I even tried to see if anyone I knew had the same Rx I did, any short term solution until I felt like I could actually go in and get the appointment done with. It also makes me very sad that I don't feel I can do something so seemingly simple. At one point in the past I could, so why not now? Ok, even writing about it is making me depressed again.

So, on the brighter side of things, I really love the holidays. Granted, things will be a little bit different this year since things have gone downhill with the agoraphobia. I won't see as many people as I would like, and I'll definitely miss dressing up to go to the Christmas parties but I will still be able to see most of my family which is my favorite part of Christmas. And the holiday spirit is there. There is just so much hope, belief and love that comes along with Christmas. It just snowed here today and I can see the Christmas lights faintly glowing underneath a thin layer of snow. It's such a peaceful scene. As much as I dislike the cold, it really doesn't feel like Christmas without a little snow. At least to me, since I've grown up in the Midwest. And, I guess a plus about not leaving the house is...well, not having to leave to drive in the snow. I am terrible at driving in the snow. LOL. I am looking forward to baking cookies and listening to Mannheim Steamroller's Christmas in the Aire. My favorite holiday CD. I think that the agoraphobia has defintely made me be able to cherish the smaller things in life. While I don't feel I can do everything I'd like to do, I can still do things I enjoy to do and keep hoping for the day when I can do the things I'd like to do....or at least get contacts to begin with. :)


4 comments:

Jason said...

I hate that about contacts and I'm like you, I really prefer them over glasses. I even try to make mine last longer in order to put off the exam.

You can do it though. I kept putting it off, but when I finally set it up, the worst part was getting there. Once it starts it's smooth sailing.

Who knows? If you're lucky, it could really get things going on the right path again for ya.

大地 said...

nice to meet you ,you like the Asian~

大地 said...

I am sorry, I forgot to say that you have a Merry Christmas ~

Kaci said...

Merry Christmas to you too!