Thursday, December 11, 2008
Meds
So I really don't like meds. At all. It's not that I don't think they are helpful in general, but for me personally they haven't done much but upset me more. Yet, everyone I talk to keeps telling me that I need to just find the one that works for me. The idea of going through trial and error with several medications until I find one that has the least upsettting side affects isn't very hopeful to me. But I keep getting told that is what I really should be doing. Like it's my best option. Isn't there another way? I want to be able to change my thinking patterns. I've had anxiety for so long that I think that it's almost a knee-jerk reaction now to think negatively. I really feel that if I could just "re-wire" my thinking habits and have more belief in myself that it would help a lot. I know that eventually in order to really get past this, I am just going to have to face it. There are so many times where I wish I could just find an "easy' button for this and push it but I know life doesn't work like that. I think that if I had some better coping skills and a different train of thought that facing it would be much easier. On the bright side, things this week have been picking up after a raelly tough few days. I got a call back from someone and they may be able to talk to me on the phone. I'm defintely hoping for the best!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hey Kaci. I'm in a similar situation as far as meds go. I get the same advice to keep trying different ones, but I just can't bring myself to do it anymore with all the side effects and everything. It's a little embarrassing to admit, but I even get nervous just taking vitamins anymore.lol
Good luck and keep up with the blog! Me and many others are right there with you trying to overcome this.
Jason
I know how you feel! I had a hard time taking motrin after the side affects of the last med. Even vitamins do make me nervous on bad days but I tell myself they don't have side affects, they don't mess with the brain like meds do. Thank you for your comment, it's nice to be able to be understood and know there are others out there.
Post a Comment