Well, I am definitely a newbie at this so I guess maybe I will just start out with some background info. I am 25 years old and have been dealing with agoraphobia for about 10 years or so on and off. I've had periods where I'm doing really good and it's just in the background of my life and then there are rough times where I just feel like I don't want to leave the house and feel like I am constantly on my toes worrying about anxiety. Which is kind of what I am dealing with at the moment. I've been down for about a year now. It sure has gone by fast to me and it feels like I haven't made the progress I was hoping for. Anyway, lately I just feel stuck. I don't know what to do to get unstuck. I've learned that there is no such thing as a therapist who will talk to you over the phone. Finding ones that do house visits that my insurance covers hasn't been easy either. I've been on a few different meds with no luck. In fact, the last one I went on had side affects to the point where now I am afraid to go back on meds. I often wonder how do other agoraphobics get help?
I've been following a couple of other blogs on here and I thought this would be a good way to connect with other people. I am, under normal circumstances, a pretty social person. I would love to hear back from others! I have great support from my family and friends and I am so grateful for that. I don't really know anyone else who has agoraphobia and I wish that I had people to talk to at times who could understand or have been through this themselves and gotten past it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hi Kaci & thanks for visiting my blog. I wish you well in blogland! You might like to check out these blogs-
http://maybeican.blogspot.com/
http://theagoraphobicjourneywoman.blogspot.com/
and the last one is about a girl who is beating agoraphobia - at the moment...
http://mylifewithagoraphobia.blogspot.com/
***********************************
If you leave a comment on their blogs, you should get a visit on your blog from them.
I'll keep an eye on your blog, now. :0)
If you need any help with anything, just ask! I'd be delighted to help.
Thanks! It's really nice to get another perspective, I was always paranoid that I'd never find a guy who would love me because of agoraphobia but it's nice to know there are patient understanding guys out there!
I've skimmed here and there on your blog. Is Marie able to leave the house to see a therapist? What does she do to get help? I am very frustrated right now because I know a therapist would help but I am too afraid to take that step to go to one and haven't found one able to visit. Thanks for the links, I will check them out! I don't really know anyone who has agoraphobia so I am glad to find others here who can understand!
Post a Comment