Friday, November 18, 2011

Addiction

So a friend of mine recently introduced me to my newest addition. It makes me giddy, excited and I can spend hours on it. Hello newest craze, Pinterest. For those who aren't familiar, Pinterest is a website where you can "pin" up photos, ideas, etc to share with others. I have found new recipes, new workouts, fashion, and tons of amazing DIY projects. I seriously love it. All of the photos and ideas that I've seen on there have totally given me some inspiration for ideas of my own not to mention some great projects that I am looking forward to trying out. All of these new projects has got me quite excited! I totally wish that I had a steady income so that I could have money to spend on stuff like this but some of it is fairly inexpensive. I definitely recommend signing up.

I had a rather rough week last week dealing with anxiety but this week seems to be going a little bit better. I have moments where I just get sick of myself. I get so tired of having it be such a hassle just to run errands. The other day I was hoping to go to the bank, which is seriously 5 minutes from my house. I drove there then wouldn't get out of my car so I went home and I was just absolutely upset. So I curled into a ball on my bed and cried for awhile but decided it was something I could do another day, I just wanted to get it done then. And I remembered that I need to try to be nicer to myself. I don't remember all the time, but when making a change sometimes even the small steps help towards the bigger picture. Anyway, this week has gone better.

Overall, I do think loneliness is getting to me. I haven't been able to get out and be around friends for quite awhile and even have stopped trying to go out on the weekends. For awhile, I was able to go to a place near my house but they closed a couple of months ago and I haven't found a new place where I'd feel comfortable going alone that is in my comfort zone. Elite was one of the places that I could manage because I could go alone and I'd know people there and it was nearby. I really miss having a boyfriend. How do other agoraphobics meet people and date? The times I've dated before it's because I was going through a good spell or it was a friend who already knew the situation and knew me enough to not be weirded out. *sigh*

2 comments:

Gweb said...

Overall, I do think loneliness is getting to me.

I hear ya. It's been getting to me too. As far as how to meet people to date...I think luck has a lot to do with it.

Kaci said...

That is probably quite true. Well I hope luck takes my side soon then!