Sunday, November 21, 2010

Here I go again.

It's been a rough month. Actually, when I think about it, it's been a rough year. I feel like everything that I worked towards last year, slowly slid out of my view this year. I don't know what happened, I was rather happy around the start of the year. I feel like I lost myself and everything I had worked so hard to get, slowly slid out of my view again. I feel heartbroken but not only over a relationship but over life itself right now. And I know my biggest hurdle is myself. *sigh*

I wonder if getting into a relationship was the best idea. I still had a lot of things I needed to do for myself. It has always been hard for me to balance being in a relationship and taking care of myself at the same time. Most people end up walking away feeling I am selfish and concrete in my ways. I wish that these guys would listen to me when I tell them what to expect. I guess words are much different than actually having to experience it. I am an affectionate person by nature though and it's difficult for me to ignore my desires for a relationship. I love having someone in my life, it's like I am able to get out of my head in a way. I have someone else to focus on. I just hope that one of these days somebody walks into my life who can accept me, as I am.

I suppose however, first I have to accept myself as I am. I keep feeling that I'd be a much better person, a happier person if I just didn't have the anxiety but in reality it's formed a lot of who I am. Sometimes I just wish I could see myself through the eyes of someone who has loved me.

I now find myself in a very rough spot again. I am not getting out as much as possible and I've fallen into a deep depression. I feel as though I've stumbled into a trap and darkness has surrounded me and I can't find my way out. It's been very scary at times and my thoughts have wandered into dark territory. Familiar territory, as I've been here before but I had hoped never to find myself here again yet here I am.

As hurt as I am with my ex, I cannot help but to feel like maybe I was drowning and taking him down with me. Maybe it was all he could do to save himself from drowning with me was to finally cut the ties to me. I do feel as though I need a guy who has the strength to be able to go through such a rough time with me. I don't want someone who only sees the enjoyable times with me and then is blindsided when the bad hits. I want someone who can take the great and the terrible. But I understand that mostly it ends up being overwhelming. Is it a horrible thing to want someone who just won't be pushed away, overwhelmed, or blindsided by me? I am realizing that I really do need my find my own happiness. I am constantly trying to distract myself, is it really that bad to just sit with myself for awhile? I guess we will see.

So I am back to square one. I am spending time writing out positive affirmations, listening to my hypnotherapy cds and trying to dive deeper into myself. I am working on a new art project I hope will keep me busy. I am currently reading The Book of Awakening by Mark Nepo. It is a very beautifully written book. The author writes so poetically, and deeply. I meditate for about 20 minutes every night. I am still trying to find myself spiritually. I haven't found anything that fits yet and there's not a ton of ways to explore spirituality where I live. I suppose it doesn't help I won't go far away enough to really be able to explore it as well. I am a little bummed out because I am absolutely dying to see the new Harry Potter movie out but I find movies something difficult to do right now. *sigh* I am trying not to hate being here again but at times all my frustrations end up building up and exploding. I am always afraid that one of these times I am not going to be able to pick myself up or something worse. *sigh* Here I go again.

2 comments:

Tricia said...

Hello, I am new to your blog... relationships are hard with someone with anxiety, I've surely been there, but the right person will support you when it gets bad and celebrate you when you succeed.. Easier for me to say than for you to believe.. Hugs <3

Kaci said...

Thanks :)