Monday, October 19, 2009

Under the weather.

I am feeling under the weather lately. I tend to feel more anxious when I am sick...well for many reasons but mainly because I tend to feel more unsure and uncomfortable about things than normal. I'm not sure if I mentioned this before but my main concern is that my anxiety would actually cause me to be physically sick, like I think that is my fear of the end result of a panic attack. So when I actually get a cold or feel run down, it just makes things worse because it seems more likely.

On top of that, it has been about two years now since I had the attack that lead up to my downfall in the first place. And I can't help but notice some of the same occurrences happening lately that happened that year in this month too. I had gotten a horrible cold that month and I was neglecting to take care of myself and ended up having an attack and after that things slowly went downhill. I have noticed this month I seem to be a bit more on edge and it is because I do fear falling down again and since it's the month it happened two years ago and all the similarities I have been noticing have not really helped my confidence. However, I do realize that just because things happened one way doesn't mean they will happen that way again but it doesn't stop my mind from irrationally wandering to those thoughts. I guess all I can do is continue what I've been doing and hope for the best.

In the meantime, I have trying to take better care of myself and not neglect my well-being. In this month, I've been sick twice now. sometimes I feel like i get sick when things are out of balance and my body is trying to find a way to stabilize but I haven't been over working myself on anything lately. I also wonder if I've gotten sick more often because I am around more people. In the past year I really haven't gotten sick all that much till lately but I was never around a lot of people to get sick in the first place. I suppose I really shouldn't be worried too much about who shot the arrow but more on how to remove it.

Along with all the unpleasantness of being sick, I have also been feeling very lonely. I wish I had someone who cared in that way and who'd take care of me while I was sick. I am blessed that I have friends who care but it's a little different when that one person cares. I still feel like I am not ready to be in a relationship though. I want to be comfortable with sitting with my loneliness and not trying to cover it up with just anyone's affection or a temporary distraction. I feel like lately when I get involved with seeing someone, I end up settling and not being treated so great. I know getting into a relationship isn't going to make me happy if I am not already happy with myself. Anyway...

I've been making a lot of new friends lately which has been nice. I really do love to get to know people, it fascinates me to know about other people. It has also kept me socially busy, which I think is a good thing cuz it keeps me going out and doing stuff. Even when I don't really want to go out when I do I end up having a good time so I think a little push has been good. Other than that, things haven't been too busy otherwise. I think it would be a good time to re-focus things and make sure my goals are still the same and probably make some new ones now that old ones have been accomplished.

That's all, folks.

2 comments:

Rachael said...

Hey Kaci

sorry to hear your not feeling too good, i hope you start feeling better soon
Take care
Rachael

Robert said...

Everyone feels more anxious when they are unwell. It will pass when you feel physically better.

You are doing all the right things & you have all the correct attitudes, so things are absolutely, definitely going to get better!