Things have been picking up again lately in my life and I have been trying to find a good balance between staying busy and keeping time for myself. I am glad that I have been busy and more so that I have been able to rise to the challenge but I don't want to overwhelm myself so I've been trying to have some down time to do things that I enjoy to do on my own. The past couple of weeks have proven to be rather stressful. I feel like it's just been one situation after another. I know things will get better, it's just been really frustrating in the meantime..like..Really?!? What's next??
All of it has made me really, really wish I traveled. There is nothing more I'd like than to just get away for the weekend. I even got to a point where I turned off my phone for a couple days and kinda hid out. There is a part of me that yearns to travel, to see beautiful places. I think it frustrates me because I have turned down some really great opportunities to travel to cool places. I am not sure how to get from here to that point where I can travel though. That is probably my biggest step I will have to take.
I think lately I feel more inclined to really get out there because I've had one too many reminders lately that life is in no way guaranteed. I could have another 50 years...or another 5 days. I don't want to spend my life worrying about trivial things and getting stressed out over things that won't matter in a few months anyway. I get so caught up in the situation that I forget that it's not life threatening most of the time. I just don't want to miss out. I want to be able to look back at my life and smile because of all the amazing memories. I've heard that your life flashes before your eyes before you die...well, I want to have an amazing flashback then. I hope the baby steps I am making will get me to the bigger steps...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
"Treat every day as your last - and one day you will be right."
It's a good saying, and a good way to live your life. It's what I try to do, but sometimes I get bogged down in the minutiae of life...
That is a good saying and very true! I def. try but also get caught up in the little things sometimes.
Post a Comment