Monday, March 7, 2011

Head Over Heels

So when I was young, I wanted to be a fashion designer. I had very little sense in style but it was my own and it was so easy to get away wearing bright blue leapord print leggings over light pink tights. as I've gotten older, my style is still my own but I have toned down the color combos a bit ;)

My heart, while loves fashion in general, has a very soft spot for shoes. I adore them, a really amazing pair of shoes makes me feel wonderful! My first encounter with a very amazing pair of shoes was last Valentine's Day, the guy I had been seeing was apparently more attentive than I had imagined and gave me a pair of my favorite shoe designer Christian Louboutin heels as a gift. I had never been much into designer shoes but those must have sparked something in me because I fell in love with a pair of YSL heels and Miu Miu heels that I had to have. The desire was quite persistent!

YSL
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By kkaci at 2011-03-07

Miu Miu
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By kkaci at 2011-03-07

Seriously, how could I not fall in love with these shoes?!

Anyway, recently my artwork has taken on a more fashionable approach. I have been "redecorating" shoes for people! I have been so excited about it. I am hoping to be able to get something started with this. It's always been difficult for me to hold a job dealing with the agoraphobia and I have felt that it would take a lot of stress off me to have an income again. A more reliable one. Who knows where things will go with all of this but I have been having a blast giving shoes a creative makeover. All the shoes started out as just plain basic pumps and this is what the end result is!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By kkaci at 2011-03-07

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By kkaci at 2011-03-07

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By kkaci at 2011-03-07

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By kkaci at 2011-03-07

I did start an etsy shop too, something I have been meaning to do so it was quite nice to get that started. For two months I dragged my feet, I think I was worried nobody but me would like my Head Over Heels shoe art but it can't hurt to see where things go!

2 comments:

erika sorocco said...

Ooh, the Miu Mius are killing me. And the last pair you designed are gorg! :)

Denisa L said...

love the pairs you decorated and the Miu Miu pair, fab!