Thursday, December 23, 2010

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas...

And so it is. We've been very fortunate here this year and it hasn't snowed too much. Last year was just awful, ungodly amounts of snow was just dumped upon us here. Tonight, it is snowing lightly. I suppose one of the nice things about being a homebody is that I don't have to worry about driving in the snow or scraping my car.

I am experiencing some anticipatory anxiety for Christmas but still looking forward to it. All I want for Christmas is to have a peaceful, relatively anxiety free one. I've been a bit sick as well, which is definitely not helping. I had awful worries about getting a cold but it seems to have passed quickly. Here's to hoping it's gone. *fingers crossed* Christmas is my favorite holiday and I really just want to be able to look forward to spending it with my family rather than worry about what may happen.

I feel pretty blessed to have family and friends who are close enough to be family in my life. I am glad that I was able to get all my shopping done despite having issues with agoraphobia lately. I have so many wonderful memories as a child from Christmas. I remember the year I was convinced I had heard Santa's reindeer on my rooftop and seen him leaving presents under the tree. I am definitely enjoying vegging out around the house and watching Christmas movies. I love the newer Miracle on 34th Street, Elf (seriously, it's not Christmas without this movie, I love Will Ferrel), and a Charlie Brown Christmas.

I am a bit sad that I was so looking forward to spending Christmas with my ex but it's the way the cookie crumbles. I miss him quite often but am doing my best to let him go. As you can probably tell from past posts, I have very bitter moments and very loving moments towards him. Hopefully, once it gets easier I hope only love will remain.

Happy Holidays to you all :) I hope you all have wonderful, anxiety-free holidays!

Here's what I am currently listening to, my favorite Christmas music.

No comments: