Wednesday, January 6, 2010

2010

Happy New Year everyone, I hope that it finds you well :)

Winter is always tough on me, the cold weather, plus the snow, plus the lack of sun makes it very hard to find motivation to push myself to get out. Not only am I trying to motivate myself to get out but to get out and deal with the cold. I'm sure I am not alone in this though. This winter has been especially tough, we have been hit with a few really bad snowstorms. I was actually snowed in around Christmas time. Luckily, it did not ruin my family's Christmas plans but it was very frustrating. My friend has about 11ft of snow piled up in front on his house, it's just been awful and it is only the beginning of January. I was blessed enough to have gotten some all season tires for Christmas so it has been helping me get around and remote start is always nice. However, I find myself staying closer to home, I worry of something happening to my car and it always takes so much longer to get home, seems silly but that is what I tend to worry about.

I am still getting out though and that is the only thing that matters really to me at the moment. This was the first year ever that I have celebrated bringing in the new year at a club. I decided to keep things simple and just go to one of the clubs where I know the people there. That way I wouldn't have to plan anything and cancel last minute. I started out at my friends restaurant and had some pizza. It is always a pleasure to see him as he is always fun to be around. I ended up at one of my favorite clubs. It was pretty packed but I hung out in the dj booth and I was comfortable up there. I even got a nice little surprise and someone I have been enjoying spending time with stopped up. :) I was really happy I made it out, it was really fun to celebrate the countdown with so many people, the energy was just amazing! It was certainly a great way to bring in the new year.

I am quite curious and excited to see what this new year brings. I can just feel change all around me so I am wondering what all I can make happen this year. I defintely want to get myself to a point where I can trust myself and bring out confidence in myself. I'd also really like to travel, although that may be a longer term goal to work on. Another thing I've considered more lately is a serious relationship. I'd really like someone I can grow with, who encourages me to be a better person. I think I am in a better place and a relationship would be manageable at this point, with someone understanding. :) For whatever reason, I've had some exes or guys I've dated come back around wanting another chance. This seems to be a reoccuring trend with me, I do not understand why on earth the guy would not appreciate me to begin with but now is ready. It's frustrating because by the time they come back around, it is too late anyway. I've either lost all feelings or don't trust them not to take me for granted again. *sigh*

Other than that, I've just been trying to keep myself busy. and I've been doing a good job of that, I've been going to restaurants and a movie here and there. I've made a lot of new friends in the past few months and I've really enjoyed getting to know all different sorts of people. I find as I get to know more people, there are so many more similarities than differences and it makes it easier to relate and understand the actions of others.

so, that's all for now. I hope you are all well :)

3 comments:

Lisa x said...

You've made amazing progress! I'm so happy for you that you made it to the club for N.Y.E - That's HUGE! Start the year as you mean to go on!

As for the time of year everyone i've spoke to seems to be struggling, especially me so you're not alone there but winter will be over before you know it and you've had loads of progress which i'm sure you'll continue to build on.

Well done! x

Robert said...

One of the advantages of being older is the experience one has gathered on the way. It's rare that failed relationships can be reignited, so it is usually best to steer clear of ex's. It is gratifying, however, when one is appreciated - even if belatedly!

I'm glad you had a good time bringing in the new year, and I hope that 2010 will be a great year for you - you deserve it!

Kaci said...

Thanks you guys. I really appreciate the support!