Painting has really picked up for me lately. I've mentioned before I've got a few pieces in the Street of Dreams this year and I'm now I am doing two more. The Street of Dreams is in Sept. so it's coming soon! I also have had a few friends ask me to paint something for them so I've been keeping busy with that! Painting is something I've found to really just get into and I love it. I love opening new paints and all the colors and starting on a new canvas. :)
I still feel like I have a lot to do and I'm not really sure exactly what so I sort of feel like I am feeling around in the dark. Something is off in my life and I am not sure what it is. So lately I have been trying to focus on what I'd really like to be doing and what makes me happy and how I feel about things. I'm taking a belly dancing class at my gym and also another dance class called NIA. I feel great after both of them so I have been trying to go when I can. Sometimes it's hard for me, it's an hour long class and I don't wanna run out in the middle of it but I've been pretty open with the instructors about the anxiety and so it really hasn't been a big deal. I really think the NIA class will be good because it focuses on the body and movement and just finding pleasure through dance. I've also been trying to set down a regular gym schedule because I seem to be a little more at ease when I am working out. It's hard for me to do sometimes though because it's usually the first thing I'll skip out on and I've never liked to go to the gym in the first place.
I also have been reading a book called Count Your Blessings. I really like it. It's abouthow positive thinking and finding the good in a situation can help you get through it and attract good things into your life. I haven't read the whole book yet but I definitely like it. I believe in that stuff. I think the sort of energy you put out into the universe will come back to you. And I still do my positive affirmations every day and meditations and I think it does help me.
I was able to talk to my super delicious friend and I found out what the issue was. He basically just told me that he wasn't in any place to be dealing with me and what I need from someone. He actually told me that he thought I acted rather childish when I was anxious and he just didn't understand why, as an adult, I would act like that. Now, I have to admit, some of my behvaior the last time I saw him really was....just lame. I won't lie, I was being really annoying towards the end of the night. However, the anxious times he is referring to...well....really I can't help that. I was just glad he was honest with me and it gave me closure which was way better than wondering what happened. But...still...it really hurt to hear that. If I could help the way I act when I am anxious...well then it wouldn't be a problem would it? I am trying and I am working on things but how I get when I get anxious...it's just how I get. It kind of reinforces my beliefs that I am too much to handle for a guy. I know he is just one person, but my fear doesn't always take stuff like that into consideration. I've always been worried about getting into a relationship that the guy will jsut decide I am too much and he can't deal with me. He and I weren't even in a relationship and it was too much! But it is what it is and there isn't anything I can do about it now and I really do think at the beginning he was a huge help in getting me out so I can't really be too upset about the situation.
Lastly, I had another photo shoot while I was hosue sitting for my friend. Here is one of the pics

By kkaci, shot with NIKON D40 at 2009-08-06
I hope everyone is doing well and having a good summer!

1 comment:
Hi Kaci!
Great blog post. I'm glad to hear that things have gotten better since your last post. I'm also glad to hear that your painting is going well and that is keeping you busy. I really enjoyed reading your blog and learning about your anxiety. With your positive outlook on life, I feel that your blog would be a great addition to Wellsphere's HealthBlogger Network (HBN). The HBN has over 2,600 bloggers that share a common goal to share their knowledge with others, which enables Wellsphere to provide information that is personal and relevant to over 6 million visitors a month.
Feel free to visit our Health Blogger Network at http://www.wellsphere.com/health-blogger, where you can apply to join. Or just email me at hua [at] wellsphere [dot] com.
Have a great day!
Hua
Director of Blogger Networks
Post a Comment