Wednesday, April 18, 2012

It's been awhile

Since I've been able to blog! Things have gotten quite busy...at least my definition of busy. I think that after not doing much for so long that when I start to get out more and do things again, it feels hectic when really I am just not used to having things to do. I know I've said this before but it's like going from zero to sixty in a matter of seconds! I do hope to fall into a better schedule and slow down a little but I am grateful that things have been picking up again.

Currently, I have stopped seeing my therapist but I was able to get in a handful of sessions...enough to get things moving forward again. I hope to pick things back up with her. I have also started working a part time work from home job! This I am most excited about as I think one of the most difficult things over the past few years is finding a job. I feel extremely fortunate that one of my friends has found a use for me that I can do from home. Not only do I really enjoy being able to help him out but I am definitely far less stressed about my finances. I take reservations so I have a little work cell phone and take table info and do some social media work. I love it because I feel like I am contributing, like I have some responsibilities again.

I've been taking two yoga classes a week and I really love it. At first, I was hoping to become a bit more...well, bendier! But not only has it help me become more flexible but I feel great. I do get nervous in class sometimes but I just step outside and take a breather until I can return. I've been going to the gym pretty consistently since I've read that exercise really does help. I mix that up with some cardio and weight lifting and I hope to see some good results by summer! I still take zumba every now and then but I've faced the facts...I am not coordinated and most of the time end up making up my own dance moves.

But luckily, a friend opened up his new bar/club just down the street from me and so I can get my dance fix there! It's been really nice to be able to just get out and be around people again. I've been able to get out to a few movies and dinners. My birthday was the 8th and I had such a great week having dinners with friends. I just saw the Hunger Games which I have been waiting AGES to see! I read all those books in like, a week. They were so hard to put down! And also 21 Jump Street which was hilarious. I figured it'd be good but if it wasn't at least I could watch Channing Tatum. Can't go wrong there. I'm totally looking forward to Dark Shadows. I do love Johnny Depp and Tim Burton.

School has been going...frustrating but I've never been very academically talented. Dating has also been quite frustrating. Once again, I can't help but wonder how do other people who deal with agoraphobia date? And go on to get married?? I've never been one to feel like I need to be in a relationship but after long stretches it starts to get old. And as I am getting older, I do want to find someone to experience life with.

That is all for now. Hope all is well.

No comments: