Friday, February 10, 2012

So far

Things have been going pretty well. I'm continuing to see a therapist as well as use a Anxiety and Phobia workbook. I've been happier than I have been in a long time and I am definitely grateful for that. It hasn't been easy of course. I get scared sometimes and it's difficult not to start the negative thinking or what-ifs. I just have to keep reminding myself I will get through it and even then I will have doubts but I keep trying to repeat that I will get through it and will be okay. The workbook I have been using is teaching me how to re-work my negative and mistaken beliefs about anxiety. Like for instance, one of my thoughts about anxiety is that it makes me less of a person. The book goes over how to disassemble the thought and see it as just a false belief I've taught myself and how to teach myself that I am worthy as a person.

I am still not getting out far, but I am getting out more and meeting new people and seeing old friends. I've been going to my gym a lot because it's just a way to get out. I've began taking classes again, which for the past year and a half was just too difficult for me to do. Now, I go to belly dancing, yoga, and zumba. Sometimes, I don't make it through the entire class but to just get out and try is great. I've been going to out to eat with some friends and I even met someone at the gym! We've gone a few dates now and he seems to be very understanding about the situation. Whether, it stays that way or not, I have no idea. Sometimes, people get to know me when things aren't as bad then when they do get bad it's too much for them to handle. I do worry about it and after my last relationship, I am scared to get into something new. But I want to find someone who I can be serious so here I am dating again. He's so cute too. ^_^

Other than that, I am just looking forward to seeing what else will change this year. I am trying to get back into classes this March and hopefully find a stable job I can do from home. And just keep trying to move forward.

2 comments:

Wendy Lady said...

I'm so happy to hear that things are going well for you!! I started taking a zumba class too, I needed something to get me out of the house. I bought a month pass so I would feel obligated to go, otherwise my money would be wasted.

What workbook are you doing? I was doing really well for a while, but recently my anxiety has been acting up and I had a panic attack the other day, which I haven't had in quite a while. It sucks.

Thanks for your comment on my post, I know once I move on I'll definitely be happier, it's just the moving on part that's hard.

Kaci said...

Thanks! The workbook is actually just called The Anxiety and Phobia workbook. I think there are a few different editions out, mine is quite old. But it's still been helpful. T

I totally hear ya there. It took me quite awhile to let go of my ex, about a year :(